February 2, 2014

At the core of every mason is a heart that leads others...

I was a distant witness to two very bad accidents last year.

Both of them I was late to the scene and was observing from a distance.

Both times I saw masons at the center of the accidents comforting the victims and leading the effort to keep the scene sane while emergency services were on the way to the scene. When they arrived, the masons were completely helpful to the emergency crew.

They were not in any masonic outfit, I recognized them. I watched from a distance as they were examples of what freemasonry is all about. They were not looking for attention, they were just fulfilling their roles as men in the community: taking charge.

Those are the kind of men that make other men and boys to become masons, not the community service pictures or the bling and shine of collars and chains. It is by acts like this one wants to emulate what they see: whatever made this man who he is is what I want to become.

That is what makes a mason, at his core, he is a leader and he has a heart to help others. At his core, he is a good man.

We need more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment